Welcome to Argle.net, a site dedicated to exploring the potential of alternate reality gaming in education!
Please read on to find out more about our core aims, what we offer and how you can get involved…
The aim of the site is to become a ‘research hub’ which will:
- Showcase an international range of educational alternate reality gaming (ARG) projects
- Highlight cutting edge research and initial findings related to these
- Promote collaboration between members of the ARG research community
- Provide resources for educators and young people to support them in running ARGs in their own settings
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- The Project Pages offer an insight into the planning, making and playing stages of ARGs designed for a range of educational settings.
- The Argle Blog is a space for designers and educators to read and publish emergent thinking about ARGs in education
- The resources section offers a growing range of resources to support you to plan ARGs in your own settings
- The Challenges section provides sample planning, making and playing challenges taken from, or inspired by, ARGs featured on the site
- The publication section contains a list of relevant publications to support your research and investigations
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
The site is currently in development but will be growing steadily over the next year (and we hope for many years to come!)
- Sign up to get an alert as new content is published
- Email [email protected] if you’d like to join the ARGLEnet team of developers or want to suggest ways the site could be improved.
- Write a Blog Post: If you have an idea or some emergent thinking you’d like to share with the community then sign up as a member and contribute to the blog!
- Submit a project entry: If you have designed or taken part in an ARG in an educational setting and it’s not showcased here please get in touch and let us know or submit an entry using the template.
- Propose a new project: if you’d like to design your own ARG for your own setting and would like support in doing so please send your details and initial ideas and we’ll try to put you in touch with someone who can help.
Spread the word! Please tell others about the site and encourage them to get in touch and get involved