Welcome to Argle.net, a community site dedicated to exploring the potential of alternate reality gaming in education.
This site is a work-in-progress and some pages are still under construction but we wanted to give you a sneak preview of the site as it develops. Read on to find out more about the core aims, what's on offer and how you can get involved. We'd love to hear from you!
WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF THE SITE?
The aim of the site are to:
- Showcase an international range of educational alternate reality gaming (ARG) projects
- Highlight cutting edge research and initial findings related to these
- Promote collaboration between members of the ARG research community
- Provide resources for educators and young people to support them in running ARGs in their own settings
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- The project pages offer an insight into the planning, making and playing stages of ARGs designed for a range of educational settings.
- The ARGLE blog is a space for designers and educators to read and publish emergent thinking about ARGs in education
- The resources section offers a growing range of resources to support you to plan ARGs in your own settings
- The challenges section provides sample planning, making and playing challenges taken from, or inspired by, ARGs featured on the site
- The publication section contains a list of relevant publications to support your research and investigations
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
The site is currently in development but will be growing steadily over the next year (and we hope for many years to come!)
- Sign up: Get an alert as new content is published!
- Offer to write a blog post: If you have an idea or some emergent thinking you’d like to share with the community please get in touch.
- Submit a project entry: If you have designed or taken part in an ARG in an educational setting and it’s not showcased here please get in touch and let us know or submit an entry using the template which can be accessed in the footer of this website
- Propose a new project: if you’d like to design your own ARG for your own setting and would like support in doing so please send your details and initial ideas and we’ll try to put you in touch with someone who can help.
- Join the ARGLE team as a developer and/or contributor: If you have suggestions about ways the site could be improved we'd love to hear from you.
- Spread the word! Please tell others about the site and encourage them to get involved
There will be new content released every month so come back again soon!